A sustainable industry
MSC, MarinTrust and ASC
MSC: The MSC Fisheries Standard is used to assess if a fishery is well-managed and sustainable. The Standard reflects the most up-to-date understanding of internationally accepted fisheries science and management. MSC reviews and develops the MSC Fisheries Standard in consultation with scientists, the fishing industry and conservation groups. For more information, please visit: https://www.msc.org/uk/standards-and-certification/fisheries-standard
MarinTrust: The MarinTrust Standard has been developed as a credible, robust tool that enables producers of raw materials in the fishmeal and fish oil industry to demonstrate responsible practice. It was formerly known as the IFFO RS Standard and the IFFO RS Version 2.0 Standard. For more information, please visit: https://www.marin-trust.com/marintrust-standard
ASC: Together with partners, the ASC runs an ambitious programme to transform the world’s seafood markets and promote the best environmental and social aquaculture performance. For more information, please visit: https://www.asc-aqua.org/what-we-do/
IFFO Code of Practice
The members of the Marine Ingredients Denmark are committed to following the Code of Practice developed by the International Fishmeal and Fish Oil Organization (IFFO).
The ongoing success of IFFO, and the worldwide fishmeal and fish oil industry it represents, depends upon the maintenance of its reputation for supporting integrity, ethical corporate behaviour, customer safety and strong environmental standards.
It is important that IFFO has in place safeguards to avoid damage to its reputation from inappropriate behaviour by any of its members. In case it is required, as an ultimate sanction, the IFFO board has the constitutional right to take action if a member has acted in a manner which has brought, or is likely to bring, the reputation of IFFO Limited into disrepute, or has acted in a manner which is otherwise considered to amount to a breach of the Code of Conduct from time to time agreed by the IFFO board.
For more information, please visit: https://www.iffo.net/iffo-code-practice
- Fish stocks used as raw material by Europen Fishmeal members are either MarinTrust compliant or MSC certified. The MSC certification is further recognized by GSSI’s Global Benchmark Tool for seafood certification schemes.
- Europen Fishmeal members meet the requirements of MarinTrust for the production and for the fish they are sourcing. This means independent third party inspections and certification, full traceability and responsible production.
- Europen Fishmeal members support and implement the FAO code of conduct for responsible fisheries.
- Europen Fishmeal recognizes the need for other protein sources in agriculture and aquaculture feed to meet the growing global food demand. Alternatives should be equally responsible and traceable.
- Aquaculture production has a low environmental footprint relative to the production of other food e.g. beef and pork. For more information click here